Rop Information 2018
If you are in high school, looking to learn something new or if you are an adult wanting to change career, ROP is one of your best choices for classes and courses . Here is an official list of programs for the year 2017-18
- Basic Computer Literacy: It has become almost impossible to live in this world without having basic computer knowledge. Your life can become much simpler by learning computer and this is the best course to start your computer learning. It will make you competent on basic functioning of computer and what you need to use for your day to day activities.
- ESL (English as a Second Language): If you don’t speak good English or want to improve your English speaking, reading or listening skills, this is a great course for you to do that.
- Dental Assistant or Hygienist: Dental Assistant assists the Dentist in caring for the patient, the duties of Dental Assistant varies from scheduling appointments to even taking x-ray for the patient. Dental Assistant usually interacts with patients under the supervision of the Dentist while Dental Hygienist on the other hand does the preliminary examination of the patient before the Dentist sees the patient.
- Continuing CNA Education (There are a variety of courses such as Emergency Medical Technician, Emergency Medical Responder, Nursing, EKG Monitor Technician,): ROP provide continuing education for Certified Nursing Assistant in various sectors.
- Sports Medicine & Fitness Technician: Sports Medicine & Fitness technicians work directly with sports persons to achieve fitness, maintain them and rehabilitate them from their injuries.
- Graphic Design: This course will equip you to create visual concepts for different projects to inform or inspire customers through print media or using software. It is a very good course who wants to explore their artistic talents.
- Parent Education: This course is equally good for new parents as well as parents who want to improve their parenting skills. It will cover general topics and specific issues faced by parents in handling their children. Different positive discipline techniques are also covered under this course.
- Yoga Instruction: Yoga has gained immense popularity all over the world to attain fitness and to lead a fit and stress free life. Yoga instructor is also a very good career choice as a second career.
- Welding: Many industries like shipping industry, construction industry require fulltime or part time welders. This course gives both theoretical and hands on experience to become a good welder. It is a good trade to learn for a career change or to begin a career.
- Crime-Scene Investigation: This course will give you the basic elements of investigating a crime scene like elements of physical evidence including how to identify and collect evidence, collecting finger prints, etc. This course will also help you enhance your analytical and problem solving skills.
- Entrepreneurship: If you ever want to start your own business or wants to improve your entrepreneur skills, this is a good course which will help you draw a successful business plan and will also teach you different elements of owning a successful business.
- Resume Writing & Interviewing: An attractive resume is the key in getting a job and this is the right course to take to improve your resume and horn your interviewing skills which could help you get your dream job.
- Fashion Design: This is a great course for those who would like a career in Fashion. This course will equip you to design garments and also get to learn about different types of fabric, pattern making, fitting, sewing and alteration.
- Interior Design: This course will help you design home or office aesthetically by effectively utilising the space and arranging the furniture and fixture around it to make them look spacious and attractive.
- Computer Security: Computer Security is a hot career option for those who are interested in computers. In this digital era, everything happens over internet and it is highly essential to protect your data and computer from hackers and cyber-attacks. Every company would like to have an in-house computer security expert to keep their data and information safe and update the security measures whenever needed.
- Fire Science: This course lets you explore career options in protection and safety for people and property from fire. It will cover topics like different types of fire, how to handle different types of fire, safety precautions that need to be taken when handling different types of fire and so on.
- Culinary Arts: This course will prepare you to work in food service industry or in restaurant. It helps you with learning safety and sanitary basics to be followed in food industry, how to plan the menu, prepare and cook food and the presentation techniques.
- Automotive Services: Automotive industry is a very attractive sector with lots of job options. This course prepares you for different kinds of servicing needed for a variety of vehicles. Repair works, regular maintenance of vehicles including oil change, servicing the brake, tyre maintenance, etc. are some of the topics covered under this course.
- Computer Technician Service & Repair: This is a course is highly relevant now as there are computers in every household and office which will need servicing or repair every now and then. Some of the topics under this course are hard disk crash, Operating systems failure, RAM upgrades, Corrupt files, reviving data after virus attack and how to protect your computer from virus.
- Art & History of Floral Design: This course will cover topics like how to handle flowers, how to identify different flowers, colour themes, Different flower arrangements and so on.
- Customer Service Occupations: All types of industries require customer service representatives and it is an occupation that is very fast growing. There are different techniques that need to be learnt in handling customers and all these are covered under this course.
- Construction Trades: Different types of construction trades are covered under this course. Different construction technology, safety aspects to be followed in buildings/houses, blueprint reading, identifying and using different materials, basics of masonry, carpentry, flooring, etc. are also covered.
These are a variety of programs spanning across different industries. You will be able to choose a program of your interest from this list and use it as a stepping stone to start a fresh career path. All these courses are structured in such a way that all aspects of the trade are covered under each topic that it will give you enough confidence to start your new job.